In order to help international students to learn Indonesian and its culture, BIPA at Faculty of Letters, Universitas Negeri Malang (UM) offers two kinds of program; regular and non-regular.
Regular programs (collaborative and non-collaborative) are held three times a year. It is conducted as either credit or non-credit courses. A minimum of three participants for one class is required to run a regular program. Courses for each program are given for 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
|Name of Program||Total Hours||Fees in USD|
- BUMI : January – May
- MATAHARI : June – August
- AIR : September – December
Non-regular program or Short Course program are run any time on demand, regardless of the number of the participants. Courses are given from Monday through Friday. A minimum of two students for one class are required to run a non-regular course.
|Type of Programs||Total Hours||Fees in USD|
|One week||25||$ 350|
|Two weeks||50||$ 650|
|Three weeks||75||$ 950|
|One month||100||$ 1,200|
- For those who want to study at BIPA UM without having to come to our campus, we offer various learning packages that suit your need. With flexible hours, our experienced staff and teachers will help you succeed in learning Indonesian.
Choose which level you think you belong and tell us your goal. With your teacher’s guidance, we will prepare Placement and Post Test to make sure you thrive in your pursuit of learning Indonesian.
- For those who want to study a particular language skill (listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar) or a certain topic (culture, politics, language, etc.) or even for a specific purpose (research, business, staying in Indonesia, etc.) we also offer facilities that will best serve your requests.
- For those who want to study the most commonly spoken regional language in Indonesia, Javanese, we offer professional lecturer from Indonesian and Regional Language and Culture Education, Faculty of Letters, Universitas Negeri Malang.
|Type of courses Online courses||Total hours||Fees in USD|
|Indonesian conversation||32||$ 400|
|Javanese conversation||32||$ 400|
- For those who want to study recent issues on Indonesia’s wide social and cultural background,we offer courses on Indonesian Overview on education, economics, or even politics. This course is equal to a two-credit course in a semester and will be delivered in English or Indonesian. This course is offered at $2,300/class.
For further inquiries and registration, please contact us
PARTNERSHIP AND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
We also open cooperation with other institutions and universities, such as for service learning, research, scholarship, and short course program (min. 1 month). We will adjust the price and give you special offer for the partnership program.
Services that we can provide for partnership program such as:
- Airport transfer (Malang & Surabaya)
- Hotel transit (Near UM and Mall)
- Housing and meals (living with host family) / dorm / hotel
- Visa sponsorship, study permit, and Visa extension
- Peer tutor
- Cultural excursion activities
Here are some of our partner institutions and universities.
To start our partnership, please contact us